Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

In Plane Sight

I shared this story with my dear friend, and feel I must share it with all of you who will read. I hope you understand the release I experience as I push the "publish Post" button. I am shutting the window shade and trusting once again. Daily trusting.

When we were flying from Colorado three nights ago, below us was a storm going on. The clouds were a transparent carpet showing the power of lightning over and over. It was like a chorus echoing with strength and crescendos. Jacob was sitting with me and was a bit concerned. He being by the window could see the power and might, and also the there was lightning straight ahead, couldn't that be bad for the plane? He asked. I leaned over and commented on how beautiful and powerful God is. That we were getting just a glimpse of His touch and creative love. The pilots knew what to do, so I began to pray out loud for Jacob ending with praising God for His Majesty, and love for us.

Jacob, as soon as I said "Amen", shut the blind and never gave it another look. Friends this spoke to my heart. I have gone through storms, but while above looking down upon the remnant of storm, I can see Gods' hand at work. There is a spiritual battle going on, and Gods' power and might always wins. I can shut the blind now, even as the storm brews around, and place all trust in The One. The I AM. He knows and sees. I can feel the turbulence, I can see the markings and hear the thunder, the Lord even warns us we would experience this kind of hting but I can also rest in the peace He gives.. How? I have been praising. Praising through it all. Giving God the glory, even when I can't see. Especially when I can't see, because I know the One who sees. El Roi. My God who sees. Glory!!!

2 comments:

Mary Ann Parks said...

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Is. 43:2

Praise God for being with us through it all...Love you guys!!!!

Maret said...

Thank you for sharing!

I miss you all a lot!