Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006


One of the best books I have ever read is "Pure as Gold", the biography of Eric Liddell (Chariots of Fire). That is Eric back row left. His true story is better than the film (my favorite film of all time!) as it related his missionary service to China leading to his eventual death in a Japanese internment camp. By the way, there was a Salvation Army Brass band in that camp, a young Salvation Army girl, daughter of an Officer, at his bedside when died. What a true hero of the faith! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Josh said...

Hello! I just arrived to you're sight randomly, and read a little about your good works and faith. Pardon the abrupt question, but faith as a intellectual/philosophical concept is something I've chosen to study-and I have a keen interest in-so I was wondering if you had a moment, could you give me a few reason's why you choose to have faith. What are the reasons for your faith? And if you choose to quote the Bible, could you offer me a few reasons why you believe the Bible to be the true word of god.
Thankyou, Josh

The Wittenbergs in Rovaniemi Finland said...

Meloy...sorry so long to respond..are you still out there? There is a real truth about turning to God when EVERYTHING else you are trying, and everything that the world PROMISES will work (for fulfillment and happiness) FAILS MISERABLY! I don't know why God's grace allows us to turn to Him last, but it does!! Let me quote a really old song to give this idea "I tried the broken cisterns Lord, but ah the waters failed, each time I stooped to drink they failed and mocked me as I wailed"...I may have the words a little wrong..but the sentiment is there..and THAT IS MY STORY. In terms of the Bible, in a few words...When applied it works, every time, as promised! Of course the APPLICATION comes from a faulty, sinful person, so there is an inconsistency in that...but that is not the ANNOINMENTS fault, is it?! What do you think??