Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

My Fathers Arms


As I watched Phil carry our youngest into the waves of the ocean I observed her face. She was so brave and excited to learn what it means to catch a wave. She had been testing the waters by sticking her toes in, then ankles right up to her knees. Now she was going in.
She went to the person who was the best wave catcher in our family and in her eyes over all. Her father. Daddy. He would take her to deep waters and not let harm come to her. He would be the one close at hand to hold tight when needed, to loosen when little one was ready. He would be the one to experience first hand her joy in accomplishment. Yes she was brave because her daddy was her personal bravery for her.
I reflect upon my relationship with my Heavenly Father. He has taken me places both physical and places of the heart. I can move forward because it was He who is holding and loosening. He is life's expert, the One I can trust. When stepping out in faith there is a bravery that is not my own, it is extended to me by the one who is my personal bravery. He is my Strong Hold. My Rock on which I stand when waves of life swirl around. He rejoices with me first hand when I experience His joy in freedom of catching life's waves. The ability and even the faith to step out into deeper waters does not come from, initiate from me....It is extended to me by the Loving arms arms of my Father.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Parks said...

thank you for that much needed reminder. blessings! miss you all!

Erica said...

Hi Phil and Susan,

cool pics :D. The ocean looks great. Where didi you go??


I miss beach too, tho at the moment I live in Tallinn but I just haven't had time to enjoy the water. Next week there's gonna be Music camp in Loksa, so then I really should go to the beach.


xoxo

Erica